Finance & Insurance Industry
The Rushmore Region’s ideal location attracts many financial and insurance firms who are looking for a central U.S. site, but at an affordable cost in a business-friendly environment. Additionally, companies are perfectly positioned to service the growing energy industry in the area, without enduring the increased costs and congestion of boomtowns.
The finance and insurance industry in the Rushmore Region is represented by:
- Banking and banking support services
- Insurance carriers and brokerages
- All investment related activities
- All fund management related activities
Finance and insurance industry in the Rushmore Region:
- From 2006 to 2011 finance industries added 1,010 new jobs (14% growth) in the Rushmore Region with average earnings of $36,125.
- While most of this job growth was in lower paying funds management, portfolio management and investment advice, there was some significant growth in higher paying wage industries such as direct insurance
- The Rushmore Region is growing higher paying jobs in:
- Third party administration of insurance and pension funds
- 318 new jobs over 2006 to 2011
- Additionally, direct life insurance carriers
- 121 new jobs over 2006 to 2011